To be effective your action needs
- To be ‘strategic’ and have a ‘best fit’ with the particular context – which requires you to have deep insight in that context
- Be well designed, probably as a multi-stakeholder process
- Be implemented with adaptations where needed
- Which requires a reflective practice mind-set, good monitoring but also periodic strategic review and structured evaluation
- Build on and support local capacities
- Be possibly carried out in collaboration with others
- By staff and teams that are highly motivated because they are part of organisations with positive and enabling environments
- Feed into comparative learning and policy.
With over 25 years of experience and an ability to take different perspectives and play different roles, I will happily support you with challenges in any of these areas.